Invited Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics
University of Aveiro
Nelson José Rodrigues Faustino
updated at May 13th 2023
Scopus Author ID: 14029839500
Ciência ID: A719-B89E-F3B9
MR Author ID: 789193
Author ID: faustino.nelson-jose-rodrigues
arXiV ID: https://arxiv.org/a/faustino_n_1
My research interests encompass a diversity of topics such as harmonic analysis, hypercomplex analysis, numerical analysis and mathematical physics. Currently I’ve turned my attention to the [possible] blend between stochastics, harmonic analysis and fractional calculus as well.
From the paper Hypercomplex Fock states for discrete electromagnetic Schrödinger operators: A Bayesian probability perspective (2017) you may exploit further applications on the crossroads of quantum physics and Bayesian statistics.
Interesting enough, on my recent paper entitled Time-Changed Dirac–Fokker–Planck Equations on the Lattice (2020) you may find keywords like stochastic processes of Bessel type and Hurst parameter (ubiquitous on several applications of financial mathematics).
- Paper entitled On fractional semidiscrete Dirac operators of Lévy-Leblond type presented on International workshop on hypercomplex analysis and applied mathematics (May 12th 2023, Erfurt).
- In Erfurt (Germany), from May 8th to May 17th of 2023, visiting Prof. Dr. Sören Kraußhar and his team at Universität Erfurt.
- Pictures and short videos of the International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Physics may be found on the icmmp_ instagram page.
- In Marrakesh (Morocco), from April 23rd to April 28th of 2023, participating on the International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Physics.
- [Preliminary] schedule of the talks of International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Physics is available to download from here.
- Thrilled to announce that the paper entitled On fractional semidiscrete Dirac operators of Lévy-Leblond type is out now at Mathematische Nachrichten.
- Special Issue Paper entitled On fundamental solutions of higher-order space-fractional Dirac equations presented on 21st Annual Workshop on Applications and Generalizations of Complex Analysis (24-25 March 2023, Aveiro).
- I will be one of the speakers of the International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Physics that will takes place in Marrakesh, Morocco, in the end of April 2023.
- Preprint entitled `Structurally damped σ−evolution equations with power-law memory‘ (jointly with Jorge Marques) presented on CIDMA Meeting 2023 (9-10 January 2023, Aveiro).
Course Materials (In Portuguese)
Slides de Estatística II
Caderno Teórico-Prático de Matemática I
Livro de Exercícios de Bases Matemáticas
eBook de Funções de Várias Variáveis
Invited Professor at Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra
During the academic year of 2020/2021 I’ve taught three (3) different courses – Álgebra Linear, Cálculo II & Matemática I – for undergraduate students of Economics & Management. And on the academic year of 2021/2022 four (4) different courses – Cálculo I, Estatística, Estatística I and Matemática I.
Visiting Professor at Federal University of UFABC
(2016 – 2020)
Research and teaching duties involved. I have organized the “Symposium on Clifford Algebras, Mathematical Physics and Related Topics“. Also I was on jury on two (2) PhD defenses and I have supervised two (2) young studends through the “Researcher Program from Day One” hosted at UFABC.
Post-Doctoral Researcher at State University of Campinas
Position funded by Fundação do Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP) with reference 13/07590-8. Despite my research work, I have teached two (2) courses during the academic year of 2014.
Post-Doctoral Researcher at Centre of Mathematics, University of Coimbra
Position funded by Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT) with reference SFRH/BPD/63521/2009. During this period I was member of the project Frame Design funded by Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT)
Despite my research work, I have teached two (2) courses during the academic years of 2010/2011 and 2012/2013 at FCTUC.
Invited Adjunct Professor at IPLeiria
(2009 – 2010)
This was my first teaching experience after my PhD studies. I taught regular and online courses devoted to topics of fundamental mathematics.