Invited Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics
University of Aveiro
Nelson José Rodrigues Faustino
updated at September 16th 2022
Scopus Author ID: 14029839500
Ciência ID: A719-B89E-F3B9
MR Author ID: 789193
Author ID: faustino.nelson-jose-rodrigues
arXiV ID: https://arxiv.org/a/faustino_n_1
My research interests encompass a diversity of topics such as harmonic analysis, hypercomplex analysis, numerical analysis and mathematical physics. Currently I’ve turned my attention to the [possible] blend between stochastics, harmonic analysis and fractional calculus as well.
From the paper Hypercomplex Fock states for discrete electromagnetic Schrödinger operators: A Bayesian probability perspective (2017) you may exploit further applications on the crossroads of quantum physics and Bayesian statistics.
Interesting enough, on my recent paper entitled Time-Changed Dirac–Fokker–Planck Equations on the Lattice (2020) you may find keywords like stochastic processes of Bessel type and Hurst parameter (ubiquitous on several applications of financial mathematics).
- I am thrilled to announce that earlier this month I have started my new position as a Invited Assistant Professor at Department of Mathematics, University of Aveiro. I’m really enjoying being back to my alma mater!
- Farewell to the Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra. Although we have experienced, within the faculty community, several constraints due to the covid outbreaks, I had a great time during these two intensive years. Will certainly miss my colleagues and students as well. Anyway, the research collaboration with [some of] the faculty member(s) will go on surely.
- Book of Extended Abstracts of the International Conference on Mathematical Analysis and Applications in Science and Engineering is out now. On the link https://doi.org/10.34630/20734 (pp. 252-254 of the PDF file) you may find my joint contribution with Jorge Marques.
- I wrote a review for the paper entitled Brownian motion, martingales and Itô formula in Clifford analysis to zbMATH Open. The topic of this paper is closely related to Itô Calculus.
- Thrilled to announce that I’m one among the members of the advisory board of the 13th International Conference on Clifford Algebras and Their Applications in Mathematical Physics (04 – 09 June 2023, Holon, Israel).
- I’ve included on Publications a pic from a slide of the talk delivered on June 27th at ICMA2SC’22. Send me an e-mail in case that you are interested on it.
- Talk entitled `Strichartz estimates for structurally damped equations of space-time-fractional type‘ (jointly with Jorge Marques) will be presented on ICMA2SC’22 (27-29 June 2022, Oporto).
- I wrote a review for the paper entitled Hypergeometric expression for the resolvent of the discrete Laplacian in low dimensions to zbMATH Open. The topic of this paper is closely related to computation of fundamental solutions for discrete Dirac operators considered in my joint paper with Guerlebeck, Hommel and Kaehler (2006).
- Version of the lecture notes used during the first semester of 2021/2022 on the course of Matemática I was included on Caderno Teórico-Prático de Matemática I.
- I’ve include on Course Materials (In Portuguese) – see below – a link for the subpage Slides de Estatística II that I’ve created to make available worldwide the slides I’m producing. Comments and suggestions are very welcome.
- I wrote a review for the paper entitled Dispersive estimates for quantum walks on 1D lattice to zbMATH Open.
Course Materials (In Portuguese)
Invited Adjunct Professor at IPLeiria
(2009 – 2010)
This was my first teaching experience after my PhD studies. I have taught regular and online courses devoted to topics of fundamental mathematics.